Dr. Mack leads the 2022–2023 Presbyterian Women Bible study, “Celebrating Sabbath: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight.” by Carol Bechtel. You are invited to meet in person the second Tuesday of each month in the Library.
In the nine lessons of this Bible study—with passages from Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke, and Acts—we’ll consider Sabbath
- as a celebration, not a day of dreary formality
- as God’s intent for all of creation that includes busy women too
- as one day of the week, perhaps a Sunday
- as a time to surrender unhealthy striving and frantic busyness, and instead trust that God will provide
- as a reminder that life is precious and working too much is against God’s plans for our precious lives
- as a day devoted to community and justice and not exclusively to self-care.
Ultimately, Sabbath reminds us to honor God who honors us by giving us a day each week to reset our pace, our priorities, and our lives.
Check the church calendar for dates
Bible Study at 10:00 am in the library
On the second Tuesday each month at 10:00 am, Women’s Circles meet at the church for prayer, study, fellowship and service. The lessons are led by Dr, Mack using the Horizons Bible Study materials.
Ryan’s Bears Workshops in the lower lounge at 9:30 am
On the third Tuesday each month at 9:30 am, Ryan’s Bears workshops are held to cut, stitch, glue and stuff teddy bears. Named after a young member of Trinity who was killed in a car accident, Ryan’s Bears provide security and comfort to children from abusive environments.
Trinity Presbyterian Women seek to:
– build an inclusive, caring community of women
– nurture faith through prayer and Bible study
– support the mission of the church worldwide
From September to May, Trinity’s women meet twice a month to serve these purposes.